Friday, October 8, 2010

Poor Franz Kemmrik?

It seems to me that the men were more interested in Kemmrik's boots than Kemmrik's well being. The boots are more important to the men than anything else in the war. Once Mueller receives the boots, his statement "My boots" it is a prime example of dehumanization. He just lost a dear friend and quickly forgets that. If you compare the characters and their emotions from the beginning of the film to now, you see a huge difference in their views of life and death.
I'm sure Mueller regrets taking those boots now...

2 comments:

  1. I noticed that you put a question mark after "Poor Franz Kemmrik". I'm guessing that its doubtful whether you feel sorry for the guy or not. Then again I don't care about Franz Kemmrik either, I just want those boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're too hard on Muller. He said he'd "go barefoot over barbed wire for him if it would do any good."

    ReplyDelete